Toyota Mongoose is a low-cost, high-performance factory diagnostics and reprogramming interface for Toyota Techstream Lite, compatible with 1996 and newer Toyota, Lexus, and Scion vehicles over the DLC3 (J1962).
The Toyota Mongoose is Toyota and Lexus dealer approved equipment.
With the Toyota Mongoose and Toyota TechStream Lite subscription* you can diagnose at the dealer level:
?Supports 1996 and newer Toyota/Scion/Lexus vehicles with OBDII/DLC3 diagnostics
?Diagnostics, re-programming, active tests, and key re-programming
?Legacy Model Support with DLC3 (OBD II): DTC ?Datalist ?Active Test ?Monitor ?Utility
?Health Check (DLC3 only)
?View TSB info, wiring diagrams and more
?Support for all new models/systems approximately 9 months post-launch
* Subscriptions to Toyota TIS (professional level) is is required and is sold separately. It is available to the aftermarket. Current rates are $55 for 2-day subscription or anywhere from $995 to $1095 for a yearly subscription.
The Mongoose is powered by the USB interface and delivers full-speed (12mps) USB 2.0 performance.
Supported Bus Protocols
?KWP2000 (ISO9141 / ISO14230)
- J2534 and J2534-1 compliant device driver
- 6-foot cable
- Commercial Range (0 to +70?C)
- Dimensions: 3" x 1.75"
- Operating Voltage: Bus-powered by USB
- Host Interface: Full-speed 12 mbps USB 2.0 with J2534 device driver
System Requirements for using the Toyota Mongoose
- PC (XP or higher) with connection to the Internet
- USB port
- Service subscription to Toyota TIS Techstream
?Mongoose vehicle interface cable 6-ft long
?Installation CD with device driver (J2534 compatible)